Tuesday, March 17, 2009

it's not that i don't know it

it’s not that i don’t know it
got my shoes all tied up for it
it’s not that i’m trying to hide behind
or fade away into the next day
fill me fill me, feel me say it
i’m a brick of walls now you come spray it
Over me

it’s not that i don’t know it
crossed the fences just to mow it
it’s not that i’m trying to justify
the reasons i don’t feel i own it
pull me pull me, poll my credit
i’m the first draft now you come edit
all of me

oh, you don’t look me in the eye
when you’re talking to me
oh, how you look up at the sky
when you’re thinking about it
oh, if you’d hold me like you want to
then I’d want you, too.

it’s not that i don’t know it
wrote the words down like a poet
it’s not that i’m trying to to deny
the feelings i can’t seem to finish
tell me tell me, toil me in it
you be the end and i’ll begin it
new to me

it’s not that i don’t know it
changed the pictures just to frame it
it’s not that i’m trying to realize
through tired eyes that i’m too good for it
spoil me spoil me, spin me through it
i’m a pool of dreams now you sift through it
Carefully



f:)