Monday, February 24, 2014

LA Recording, AUS Tour Dates Announced, and an ISC Semi-Finalist!

Hellooo!!

Well I am certainly happy to be able to say that I haven't been bombarding you - though I do apologize for the long delay in my correspondence. (Unless we're connected through the cyber channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)...in which case, we're practically besties.)

With such a big-bellied touring schedule over 2013, I took a much needed breather back home in Toronto over the fall, to see out the year-end with family and friends...and my guitar. Not only was I resting and recouping, and getting my domestic on, but I was also farming out songs in preparation for some serious songwriting with a couple of mega-talented artists here in LA (I'm writing you from the fabulous SOCAN suite in Silver Lake, LA right now ;)).

In four days, I will be continuing onward - to Australia! - for another Summer Tour up the East Coast with some old pals along the way.

So here is a quick update, and tour dates, for the months to come!
Warm winds from California,
f:)


Songwriting in Los Angeles, California

I've just wrapped up a full month of writing and recording a new batch of songs here, with artist/producers Garrison Starr and Adrianne Gonzalez (AG), who I met on tour last October at the Viva la Vida Festival in Pioneer. I was absolutely blown away by their talents, and personalities, and so it only seemed right to co-write. Together, we have been crafting some sounds that I am absolutely over the moon about. I will keep you posted on the lifecycle of these tracks, as there will be some big announcements to come along with them (gasp!).


Australian Tour Dates Announced

Now, for more touring news! AUSTRALIA! Although I did attempt to skip it this year, how could i resist such an incredible journey? I realize it has now been 7 years of winters in AUS, beginning when I lived there from 2008. This will be my fifth trip back. Wowsa. Time flies (and so do I, it seems!). Here are the tour dates over March & April 2014 which I will be performing as a duo with the beautiful Victoria Beard (Jungal) on bass, including shows with Genevieve Chadwick, Broni, Benny Walker, Hayley Couper, Jungal, and Alexis Nicole....

MARCH
1 - Mountain Grand - Halls Gap, VIC w/ Jungal and Alexis Nicole
7- Melting Pot 'in the Round' Wesley Anne - Northcote, VIC w/ Scott Cook
8 - CREAM Festival - Hepburn Springs, VIC
9-10 - Burke & Willis Festival - Tyledon, VIC

27 - Republic Bar - Hobart, TAS w/ Genevieve Chadwick and Hayley Couper
28 - Red Hot Music - Devonport, TAS w/ Genevieve Chadwick
29 - Iron Horse Bar & Grill - Launceston, TAS w/ Genevieve Chadwick
30 - Harvest & Cater BH Surf Club - Boat Harbour, TAS w/ Genevieve Chadwick

APRIL
3 - Thornbury Theatre (Velvet Room) - Melbourne, VIC w/ Genevieve Chadwick and Broni
4 - Gold Dust Lounge - Bendigo, VIC w/ Genevieve Chadwick
5 - St Leonard’s Vinyard - Waghunya, VIC w/ Genevieve Chadwick
6 - Bridge Road Breweries - Beechworth, VIC w/ Genevieve Chadwick
9 - Smith’s Alternative - Canberra, ACT

10 - Vic on the Park - Newtown, NSW w/ Genevieve Chadwick
11 - The Eastern Lounge - Roseville, NSW
13 - The Wicko - Newcastle, NSW
16 - Art Party - Sydney, NSW
17 - Ryan’s Hotel - Wollongong, NSW
18 - The Commercial Hotel - Milton, NSW
19 - ExServos - Ulladula, NSW
20 - The American Hotel - Echuca, VIC w/ Benny Walker
25-27 - Mt. Beauty Festival - Mt Beauty, VIC



ISC - International Songwriting Competition - Semi-Finalist


The Semi-Finalists for the International Songwriting Competition have just been announced- and I'm one of them! "The Ways I Love You" is in the running for some major recognition. So honoured to be among these artists already - see the progress and list of artists and judges here - http://www.songwritingcompetition.com - I'll keep you posted!




Links
www.fayeblais.com
www.facebook.com/fayeblaismusic
www.youtube.com/fayeblais
www.twitter.com/fayeblaismusic
www.instagram.com/fayeblais





No comments: